Another Period Drama Tag

The lovely Miss March obligingly tagged me for this (after I *cough* mentioned that I'd seen it floating around and had been meaning to do it), which was originally created by Elanor.  (Elanor is also responsible for the lovely graphic down below.)  Thank you, Miss March! :)  Now I feel more justified in filling it out. ;)


~ Rules ~
#1. Answer the questions
#2. Link back to the person who tagged you
#3. Tag at least one other blogger to do the tag

'Ere we go!  (There might be spoilers, fyi.)

1. What was the most recent period drama you watched? Share what you thought of it.
'Twas the 2009 Emma with my parents and my aunt, and I enjoyed it immensely.  That movie is fabulous and I ought to watch it more. <3


2. Do you generally prefer period dramas in the form of a movie or a TV series/mini-series? Why?
Hmm, good question!  I like Miss March's answer to this -- it really depends on the story, I think.  My initial thought would be miniseries, but then, I love both versions of Persuasion and neither of them is a miniseries. *shrugs*


3. What is your favorite musical period drama?
Girl, are you kidding?!  How can I choose?!  I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, My Fair Lady, The Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, and several others quite a lot, so . . . I can't say!

Yeah, no, it's fine, it's okay -- I didn't have plans for the blood-pumping organ anyway. 

4. Read the book first or watch the movie first?
Usually I end up watching the movie first, and I really don't see the problem with that. *assumes defensive tone*  Sometimes, however, I do like to wait and read the book first. :)


5. What is a valuable life lesson you learned from a period drama?
Well, Persuasion gives me hope that even if a love story has been "interrupted," it's possible for it to be resolved and for the couple to end up together.  I'm not totally sure why, but it's always meant a little something to me. <3


6. Which period drama hero would you be likely to fall in love with in real life?
This would take me way too long to figure out, because I feel like there are so many.  But I'll say Henry Tilney or Allan-a-Dale (from the BBC Robin Hood).


7. Do you ever like to binge-watch a period drama series?
I mean yes, doesn't everybody?


8. What things go best with watching a period drama?
Fambly. ;)  And food.  And blankets if you want them.  (A fire is also a nice aesthetic touch.)


9. Which period drama do you think you would fit into best?
Again, like Miss March, possibly Little Women.  But maybe also Wives and Daughters, or maybe Persuasion?  (My family is a lot better than Anne's, obviously, but I do think she's pretty relatable, so.)

Waaawwwww . . . I hadn't seen this pic before.

10. If you could have any period drama character for a best friend, who would it be? And why?
Hmm . . . I feel like more than one person has already said this, but maybe Anne Shirley?  Oh, or Jo March!


11. Show us a picture of a period drama costume you wish you could wear in real life.
THIS OOOONNNEEEEEE:


Like, I just, yes.  (Also, any of Juliet's costumes in Romeo + Juliet '13.)

12. Are there any period dramas you like to watch during a particular season or holiday?
Not necessarily.  I mean, if you count The Nativity Story as a period drama, then yes.


13. Which period drama has your favorite soundtrack?
I love the Little Women soundtrack. <3


14. Dream cast your favorite actor and actress in a period drama of your choosing; tell which parts they would play and why.

Richard Armitage or Hugh Jackman as Brian de Bois-Guilbert in Ivanhoe, and Astrid Berges-Frisbey, Rachel Hendrix, or someone else as Rebecca of York.  (Actually, I'm thinking of doing a full dream cast post for Ivanhoe after I finish this reread.  What say you?)


15. Are there any period dramas you like more than one version of?
Bless you, yes.  Persuasion, Emma, Pride and Prejudice . . .


16. What are the top three period dramas that you haven't seen on your to-watch list?
Ooh, right this minute?  Probably A United Kingdom, Breathe, and Goodbye, Christopher Robin.


17. Show a picture of your favorite period drama hairstyle.
Hailee Steinfeld had some amazing hair in Romeo + Juliet (2013).


18. What was your favorite wedding in a period drama?
I really don't know.  I feel like there has been one, but it's not coming to mind at the moment. :-p

Here's a period drama wedding, though (which I still haven't seen yet).

19. What is your favorite biographical period drama?
Probably Belle?  I love so many . . .



20. Which historical novel will you forever recommend to anyone and everyone?
I feel like probably Ivanhoe.  (I mean, I don't think anyone and everyone would like it, but I'd probably still recommend it. :-P)


~ I Tag ~
Movie Critic
Lissa {Classic Girl}

And here are the questions again:

1. What was the most recent period drama you watched? Share what you thought of it.
2. Do you generally prefer period dramas in the form of a movie or a TV series/mini-series? Why?
3. What is your favorite musical period drama?
4. Read the book first or watch the movie first?
5. What is a valuable life lesson you learned from a period drama?
6. Which period drama hero would you be likely to fall in love with in real life?
7. Do you ever like to binge-watch a period drama series?
8. What things go best with watching a period drama?
9. Which period drama do you think you would fit into best?
10. If you could have any period drama character for a best friend, who would it be? And why?
11. Show us a picture of a period drama costume you wish you could wear in real life.
12. Are there any period dramas you like to watch during a particular season or holiday?
13. Which period drama has your favorite soundtrack?
14. Dream cast your favorite actor and actress in a period drama of your choosing; tell which parts they would play and why. ***
15. Are there any period dramas you like more than one version of?
16. What are the top three period dramas that you haven't seen on your to-watch list?
17. Show a picture of your favorite period drama hairstyle.
18. What was your favorite wedding in a period drama?
19. What is your favorite biographical period drama?
20. Which historical novel will you forever recommend to anyone and everyone?


*** Deceased actors do count.

Have fun!!

Comments

  1. Alan!! Yes, he is so loveable. I guess some people don't think so. *glares at Kate*

    Thanks for the tag! I guess I really need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is! Ugh, I know. *joins you in glaring at Kate*

      You're welcome! Well, I hope you do it. ;)

      Delete
    2. Just popping in to say that I honestly thought you were both talking about me and was befuddled. ;))))

      Delete
    3. Hahaha, no, we like you much better than the Kate we were talking about. ;D *huggles you*

      Delete
  2. I think I want to read Ivanhoe now.

    *nods*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I need to do this! Just very busy atm!
    Also fun fact that Ivanhoe was written by one of my ancestors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do, Ev!

      WHOA, REALLY?! Dang, girl!! That is so cool!!!

      Delete
  4. GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN IS SO GOOD. I absolutely adored it (and it wasn't what I was expecting at all. The trailers lie. XD).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY I'M SO GLAD!!! But . . . I liked the trailers. So what am I to think? ;D

      Delete
    2. I just mean that the trailers made it look all happy and sweet. XD For me, watching the movie was just like: BOOM SO MANY EMOTIONS.

      Delete
  5. So I have a few questions... I'm assuming the gif for question 2 is from Persuasion?? I want to see whatever version that is from because it looks lovely!!

    Um, but what movie is the graphic of the guy hanging by the red curtain (the one that says "this is all I have lived for/this is all I have known") because it looks kind of epic and amazing???

    Also what movie is the picture of everyone standing in front of the window (after question 9) from? It looks cute.

    AND YES PLEASE DO THE DREAM CAST FOR IVANHOE BECAUSE YOUR DREAMCASTS ARE THE BEST.

    Oooooh! I thought I'd shout at you -- I watched the BBC Emma that you all love so much with the my family a little while back and enjoyed it so much!! II know I'm still disgracefully illiterate in my period dramas but it was a bit of headway, at least?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm here to answer them! ;) Yep, that's from the 2007 version of Persuasion, and it is lovely!

      Oh my, it's from the 2012 version of Les Miserables. Have you not seen?? You need to see. Very good. *nodding* (I used to not like it very much but now I Like It Very Much.)

      Wives and Daughters. :) It's one of my favorite period dramas.

      DAAAWWWW THANK YOU. *huggles*

      Yay!!! I'm so proud of you!! Way to make progress. <3 Hey, I just finished READING Emma for the first time, so we're both making progress, right?

      THANKS FOR COMMENTING, LOVE.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Olivia! I loved reading your answers to my tag. :) (Your blog is gorgeous, by the way. And I love the name, fellow LotR fan!)

    ~ Elanor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elanor!! I really appreciate that. :)

      Delete
  7. Don't worry, I've done my fair share of movie-watching-before-book-reading. :P

    Awww, I love your take on Persuasion. I guess I never thought of it as a hopeful story, but it is definitely that. <3 And, as you said, encouraging that even if love doesn't work out at first try, that doesn't mean it won't later on. I love fictional romances that are unconventional (e.g. instead of boy meets girl, they fall in love, get married at 20, etc.) and different--because after all, everyone's real-life love stories are usually VERY different. And Persuasion is a lovely example of that.

    'Hem. Sorry for the rabbit trail.

    ALLAN. <3

    YES AND AMEN IVANHOE DREAM CAST PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

    Yeah, I'm excited, can you tell? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I'm not alone. ;)

      Awwww, yes. <333 (No, gracious, don't apologize! When have any of us ever not liked rabbit trails?? ;-P)

      QUITE. <3

      YOU GUYS ARE SO SWEET. As you see, I have obliged (sort of). ;) THANKS FOR YOUR ENTHUSIASM. <33

      Delete
  8. Olivia, this was excellent fun!!

    3. Alright, so, where I can't think of one you listed several. Nice going, Cordy. *facepalm*

    6. Allan? Really? Hmm. I never watched all of Robin Hood, just here and there. But from the very little I did see, I preferred Will most of the time.

    14. Um, I'm totally sold on your Ivanhoe movie already!!! Please, yes, share the rest of your dream cast as soon as possible!!! :D You have such a talent for casting and I DON'T! Haha.

    This was an awesome post, Olivia!!

    ~Cordy

    P.S. Seriously, don't forget to make a post for your Ivanhoe dream cast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Cordy!!

      Heehee, I've done the same sort of thing before. xD

      Yep! I've loved Allan for quite a while. I love Will, too! But I have a soft spot for Allan. <3

      DAAAWWW. *blushes* Your comment made me so happy. :D I've got a dream cast posted, hehe! :)

      Delete
  9. Wow awesome answers and such a cool tag! Thank you for tagging me! although *stares at shoes* I still haven't published the liebster tag I believe you tagged me for. But I do have it all written up. Just like this one shall probably sit in my drafts for a while until I remember it *hides in shame* it's weird cause I LOVE tags soooooooooo much I just always seem to forget them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lissa! And you're quite welcome. Heehee! Don't worry about it -- I've let tags languish for SOOOO long before. In fact, I've probably forgotten a few long-ago tags. So you're not alone! I totally feel you -- I love getting tagged, too, but then I have difficulty actually getting the answer posts done! Weird, like you said.

      Delete
  10. I'm so glad you filled out the tag, Olivia!! I enjoyed reading your answers.

    3. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! Yes, ma'am!! Such a fun movie! :D

    5. Awww, yes! Very true! <3

    14. Hey, that's a good one. Richard Armitage as Brian de Bois-Guilbert. That works!

    19. I think maybe I need to watch Belle sometime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss March!

      A VERY fun movie, indeed. :D

      <3

      Thanks! Glad you agree.

      *gasp* MISS MARCH!!! HAVE YOU NOT SEEN BELLE?!?!?! *extreme shock* Well, THAT must be remedied in short order.

      Delete
  11. A new twist on the PPV concept is the On Demand type of services offered by TV providers which means you can watch PPV movies when you want to instead of having to wait for it to "loop around" to the start again. Another new option is one where you've got access to streaming movies from companies like Blockbuster as a part of your TV package deal. series to watch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hotslot88 สมัคร เว็บคาสิโนยอดนิยม ที่มีเกมให้เลือกเล่นมากมาย ไม่ว่าจะเป็น Gclub , Sexy Gaming , Sa Gaming , Pussy888 , Sbobet , United Gaming และ Betway Joker Gaming

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your hard work is much appreciated. Nobody can stop to admire you. Lots of appreciation γραφειο ιδιωτικων ερευνων

    ReplyDelete
  14. The movies tend to be provided by the production houses that made them, so the digital files are generally the same. So there is no real need to worry about comparisons in this area. เว็บหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review